Vintage Window Coffee Table

My husband and I both created this project together. We decided to turn this vintage cypress wood window into a coffee table.
For the legs, we removed the legs from an old footstool and attached to the window frame with old rusty screws to preserve the vintage look. Plus, they were cheaper. :-)



Here is a look at the finished project minus the topcoat. The window was reclaimed from a Florida home that was built in the 1950's and is made from cypress wood, which makes it naturally water and decay resistant. My husband insisted I mention that cypress wood is also naturally insect-resistant, despite my telling him it's not really a selling point when looking for a coffee table.  :-)


Indoors, in our living room.

After a coat of stain and matte finish polyurethane, our new coffee table sits resting in front of the tv, doing nothing. Like my husband. :-)

This Vintage Window Coffee Table is available at our Etsy shop. View it here




Comments